Residents Medical is looking for tutors for the Internal Medicine In-Service Training Exam (ITE). A qualified tutor must be comfortable with all aspects of Internal Medicine (Cardiology, Endocrinology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Hematology and Oncology, Rheumatology, General Internal Medicine, Basic Statistics and Dermatology). The ITE tutor will use Board Basics (R) 4, Patrick C. Alguire as a study source.
The ideal ITE tutor candidate:
- Passed the ITE exam within the previous two years
- Communicates effectively; works well in a teaching or mentor role; is encouraging and firm.
- Creates a thorough, manageable curriculum for the student to follow (including self-study) using MSKAP questions as a foundation: 100 question exam after 50% completion of the curriculum; 100 question exam upon completion of the curriculum.
- Works with assigned students in two remote one-hour sessions:
- Session 1: After a student has answered 50% of MSKAP
- Session 2: After 75% of MKSAP completion
- Ensures the student is on track with the curriculum by keeping in touch at least weekly to ensure compliance and adjust if needed.
- Communicates with Residents Medical regarding each student’s progress.